Our work is based around creating compassionate and resilient communities that are prepared to help.
By working collaboratively with our communities and partners, we provide resources and tools to support conversations on death, dying and bereavement.
Our Community Development Team work closely with communities and partners to develop and deliver initiatives to support people who are affected by or caring for someone with a terminal illness.
There are many ways to get involved or access support in the community. To find out more, please email email@example.com or call 01543 434535.
If you’re experiencing or have experienced bereavement, whether recent or some time ago, our Bereavement Help Points may be beneficial.
These sessions help with the practical and emotional aspects of loss, with the chance to chat over a cup of tea and meet others in a similar situation.
The following face-to-face sessions are available.
Please note, many of our Bereavement Help Points will not be running during the Christmas period.
Mondays: (All Monday Help Points will be closed Monday 26th December 2022 and Monday 2nd January 2023.)
- St Giles Hospice, Lindridge Road, Sutton Coldfield: 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Uttoxeter Cares, Holly Road, Uttoxeter: 2.00pm – 4.00pm
- Vera Goode Suite, Pirelli Stadium, Princess Way, Burton on Trent: 2.00pm – 4.00pm
- St John’s Community Church, Burntwood: 2.30pm – 4.30pm (Also closed Monday 19th December.)
- Cannock Library, Manor Avenue, Cannock: 10.30am – 12.30pm
Tuesdays: (Closed Tuesday 27th December 2022 and Tuesday 3rd January.)
- The Community Church, Burton, 63 Main Street, Stapenhill, Burton on Trent: 10.00am – 12.00pm
Wednesdays: (Open as usual during Christmas period.)
- Brown Court Community Room, Ashby de la Zouch: 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month, 6.00pm – 7.30pm
- Brown Court Community Room, Ashby de la Zouch: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, 10.00am – 12.00pm
- Tesco Community Room, Tesco Extra, Lichfield: 2.30pm – 4.30pm
Thursdays: (Open as usual during Christmas period.)
- Sacred Heart Community Café, Silver Link Road, Glascote, Tamworth: 5.30pm – 7.00pm
- Rugeley Community Centre, Burnthill Lane, Rugeley: 10.30am – 12.30pm (Closed Friday 30th December.)
- Sacred Heart Church Community Room, Silver Link Road, Glascote, Tamworth: 10.00am – 12.00pm (Open as usual.)
For more information about these sessions, please contact our Community Development team on 01543 434535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer training for community groups to enable them to support their communities following a bereavement.
They can be tailored to suit your needs and are available in one or two hour sessions.
For further information please email email@example.com or call 01543 434535.
If you work in the area of learning disabilities and would like to learn more about how to become a Learning Disability Champion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01543 434535.