Our community team provides support to patients and their carers who are diagnosed with a progressive terminal illness who may be experiencing physical, psychosocial, emotional or spiritual needs associated with their illness.
Our support includes:
- Review of symptoms and development of management plans in the community setting, which includes prescribing of medications for uncontrolled symptoms and facilitation of end of life care at home through the provision of anticipatory medications.
- Psychological support for both the patient and their carers.
- Advance care planning.
- Signposting to external agencies.
- Engagement with local external providers, GPs, District Nurses, hospital palliative care teams and hospital consultants.
- Facilitation of admission to the hospice Inpatient Unit, should this be required.
- Nurses available seven days a week for telephone advice, both for patients and carers, and health care professionals.
The community team can be contacted on 01543 434 497 Monday to Friday, from 9am – 5pm, and on 0300 330 9410 Saturday to Sunday, from 9am – 5pm. Referrals can be made via email or telephone call to the advice and referral centre.