Dates: Various dates throughout 2023/2024
Location: Whitchurch, Staffordshire
Registration fee: £50
Minimum sponsorship: £600
Please call Skydive Tilstock on 01948 841111 to check available dates and to book your place today!
Join #TeamStGiles to take on our new skydive challenge!
This is a tandem skydive, which is the easiest way to make your first skydive. It means you’ll be in a dual harness, guided by your instructor throughout the whole jump.
You must be over 16 years to take part. Under 18s will need parental or guardian consent. This is guaranteed to be an unforgettable experience, feed your adrenaline and raise vital funds for local people, and their families, living with a terminal illness.
The skydive takes place throughout 2023/2024 in rural Whitchurch, Staffordshire.
Registration costs £50, with a minimum sponsorship target of £600.
Please call Skydive Tilstock on 01948 841111 to check available dates and to book your place today! We’ll be notified once you’ve signed up and a member of the fundraising team will be in touch. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com or call 01543 432538.
Please note: Rest assured, we are only working with third parties and suppliers who are COVID-compliant. In line with Government guidance, a number of procedures are in place to protect the safety and wellbeing of all participants. Our partners, Skydive Tilstock, place your safety at the forefront of what they do and follow national governing body British Skydiving regulations.
As part of #TeamStGiles you’ll receive:
- A special fundraising pack
- A St Giles branded orange T-Shirt for you to wear on the day
- Full support from a dedicated member of the fundraising team
- A full training and safety briefing on arrival at Whitchurch
- A jumpsuit to wear over your clothes, goggles and safety head-wear
- And of course, the ultimate Skydive experience!
- You must be over 16 years of age; under 18s will need parental or guardian consent
- There is no maximum age to do a tandem skydive but anyone aged over 70 years will be assessed by the provider’s Chief Club Instructor and will also need to provide a signed medical form from their GP
- The maximum weight limit for the tandem skydive is 15 stone (95kg) and your weight must be in proportion with your height. Check weight requirements.
We’re here for you… because you’re here for us
Peter Norman carried out a tandem parachute jump, raising more than £500 for St Giles Hospice.
He said: “I really enjoyed skydiving for St Giles – it was a big adrenaline rush, far better than any rollercoaster ride you can go on and the views are just phenomenal. It’s just a massive buzz.
“It’s so satisfying to challenge yourself with such a unique experience – especially when you’re doing it in aid of such a great cause.
“I did my jump in memory of my dad, who died at home with lung cancer in 2003 supported by St Giles palliative care nurses. It allowed him to be at home with his family right to the end, which made such a difference to him and we’re grateful that he got that opportunity.”