Dates: 5th – 9th June 2024
7th – 11th July 2024
4th – 8th September 2024
Location: UK and France
Distance: 330 miles approx.
Registration fee: £99
Payment options: see below
Join #TeamStGiles for our London to Paris Bike Ride
Cross the channel in your saddle to support local people, and their families, living with a terminal illness. This promises to be a cycling experience you’ll never forget while supporting your local hospice.
About the ride
Cycling from London to Paris is one of the greatest cycling experiences in Europe. After passing through picturesque Kent countryside, you’ll cross the Channel and continue through the small villages and medieval market towns of Northern France. There’ll be long days in the saddle and some strenuous hill-climbs but the sight of the Eiffel Tower, our finishing point, will give you a real sense of achievement. The last day in Paris allows everyone to explore the sights and soak up the atmosphere of France’s capital city.
See the full London to Paris Bike Ride itinerary.
1. Fundraising: £99 registration fee, minimum sponsorship £1,800, payable 10 weeks before departure date
2. Part-payment: £99 registration fee, pay £250 to Discover Adventure and raise £1,300 sponsorship, payable 10 weeks before departure date
3. Full payment: £99 registration fee, pay £900 to Discover Adventure eight weeks before departure date and raise as much as you can in sponsorship
As part of #TeamStGiles we will provide you with:
- An exclusive St Giles cycling jersey
- A bespoke St Giles fundraising pack
- A dedicated team member to assist you with your training and fundraising journey
- A supportive team to engage with ahead of the challenge and on the event day
- All transport from London to Paris (return) by Ferry and Eurostar
- All meals (except where specified) and accommodation on a twin share basis
- Discover Adventure leaders, mechanics and drivers
- Full vehicle support throughout the trip
- Route information
We’d love to have you on board!
To register for the event, use the booking links below. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our fundraising team will get in touch to support you through the registration process.
Please note, the minimum age to take part in this challenge is 18 years. This challenge is managed by our tour company partner, Discover Adventure. You will be transferred to their website to complete your booking. If you have any questions or need further support, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on 01543 432538 or email@example.com
We’re here for you… because you’re here for us
“My father in law felt comfortable there and the staff were so attentive. I felt a cycle was a way I could give something back whilst doing something I enjoy.”
Phil Langham took part in his first Cycle St Giles event last September to thank staff for looking after his father-in-law before his death from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
“Cycling is a very sociable thing to do and knowing we were all riding for such a good cause gave us a real boost.
“I support St Giles Hospice because it’s such a lovely place. My father in law felt comfortable there and the staff were really good. They always did what they could to help and the nurses were brilliant, really attentive.”
Phil will be returning to ride at other cycling events for us this year and hopes you’ll join him. “I would definitely encourage people to take part in a cycling challenge for St Giles. It’s a great way to get some exercise and see the countryside and there’s a ride for people of all abilities – you can be as adventurous as you like!”
Join Phil by fundraising for St Giles and help us to support local people and their families living with a terminal illness.