This two day course will give participants an understanding of the guiding principles of Asset Based Community Development (ABCD)
- Give you an understanding of the history of ABCD, relating it to your experience of community development.
- Explain the 5 guiding principles of ABCD in both theory and practice.
- Identify the 6 building blocks or assets of community building, exploring how these can be identified, connected and mobilised in the neighbourhood context.
- Share the 8 touch stones of community building, offering stories and examples of their application.
- Identify the ABCD Tools for Change: e.g. Learning Conversations & Asset Mapping.
- Involve you in activities and exercises that you can then use in practice where you live and/or work.
- Use stories and case studies of ABCD in action from our Learning Sites, in the UK and around the world, to highlight effective practice.
Facilitated by Cormac Russell of Nurture Development, Cormac is Managing Director of Nurture Development and a faculty member of the Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) Institute at North Western University, Chicago.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.