Trustee (Medical Consultant)
Location: St Giles Hospice, Fisherwick Road, Whittington, Lichfield WS14 9LH
Role: Trustee (Medical Consultant)
Closing Date: 31st July 2018
Interview Date: To be advised
St Giles Hospice is seeking a Medical Consultant to become a Trustee and to play a key role in the organisation’s future by joining the St Giles Hospice Board. Trustees serve the charity on a voluntary basis.
The role is available after the retirement of a longstanding trustee and following a comprehensive skills audit evaluating the skills and expertise matched against the five-year strategy.
You will be naturally collaborative and passionate about the healthcare agenda and the essential work that St Giles Hospice delivers to the community. You will be joining a progressive and forward-thinking Board who look to innovate and challenge, to ensure highly /well trained staff, and standards across the organisation.
In addition, you will be asked from time to time for advice and support in your capacity as a medical consultant.
- Operating as a practicing medical consultant ideally based in or around Birmingham, Staffordshire or Derbyshire as it is essential that you have close ties to the local community
- An active involvement and interest in clinical services, service development, health economy planning, research or education with a clear understanding of the health population needs and future landscape
- Knowledge of NHS strategy, planning and processes
Time commitment of a minimum of 5 hours per quarter and up to three full days per annum after the induction phase. This will typically include attendance over a twelve month period at:
- Board meetings (quarterly February, May, August and November)
- Governance meetings (quarterly February, May, August and November)
- AGM and any other general meetings
Whilst it is not important that you have prior experience sitting on a charity board, it is essential that you are prepared to understand the role of a Trustee in the Charity Sector.
St Giles Hospice Group
St Giles Hospice is a local charity serving the community through its delivery of high-quality palliative care and bereavement service.
The majority of care is funded through the generosity of local people, via fundraising, the hospice’s network of shops across the region, and lottery activities. The NHS contributes circa 34% of the overall cost of St Giles Hospice services. As demand for services increases and income remains static, the hospice faces some significant challenges in achieving financial sustainability and designing efficient and innovative ways of delivering its high quality care.
If you would like to apply for the position of St Giles Hospice Trustee please contact Executive Assistants, Shirley Wall / Joanne Lowe, by calling 01543 434537 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 31 July 2018.