Dates: 7th – 11th February 2024 and 16th – 20th October 2024
Duration: 5 days
Registration fee: £199
Payment options: see below
Join #TeamStGiles for our Sahara Desert Adventure!
Trek against the backdrop of the awe-inspiring Sahara Desert, accompanied by local Berber guides and a small caravan of camels. This adventurous 5 day trip offers a bite-sized desert experience, provided by travel company, Discover Adventure. From flat desert floor scattered with ancient fossils, to perfect wind-blown sand-dunes, the vast desert is a truly beautiful place to discover, while the incredible star-strewn night skies are unforgettable making it the trip of a lifetime.
1. Fundraising: £199 registration fee, minimum sponsorship £1,700, payable 10 weeks before departure date
2. Part-payment: £199 registration fee, pay £250 to Discover Adventure and raise £1,200 sponsorship, payable 10 weeks before departure date
3. Full payment: £199 registration fee, pay £850 to Discover Adventure eight weeks before departure date and raise as much as you can in sponsorship
Day 1: Fly from London to Quarzazate. Short drive to the hotel.
Day 2: Travel through the beautiful Moroccan landscape to reach the start point. Trek for approximately 3 hours across the desert and set up camp at the edge of the dunes.
Day 3: Wake up to see the sun rise and continue the trek (approximately 6-8 hours) along a dry river, sand dunes and desert hills. Set up camp and relax under the magnificent night sky.
Day 4: Set off on the last section of the route, emerging in open desert, with inspiring mountain views (approximately 4 hours). Reach a small remote town, where you will be transported back to Quarzazate for an evening of celebrations.
Day 5: Fly from Quarzazate to London.
See the full Sahara Desert Adventure itinerary
This is a level 2 graded challenge with high temperatures. The challenge is suitable for those who are physically fit and aged 18+.
Sign up on your own or with friends, family or colleagues to be a part of #TeamStGiles. After registration we will support you every step of your trek, with information on training, fundraising and sponsorship tips, kit lists, local information and answers to any questions you might have.
- Return flights from London to Quarzazate and all transport whilst in Morocco
- All meals (except where specified)
- Accommodation and camping equipment
- Leaders; doctor (group size dependent); local Berber guides and cooks
- Vehicle support and back-up equipment
- Any specialist equipment for activities (except clothing) and instructions
- Entry to any sites included in the itinerary
- Airline taxes
- Any meals specified ‘not included’ in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Sleeping bag
- Personal spending money, souvenirs and drinks
- Tips for the local guides and support crew
- Inbound airport departure tax (no tax applied at the time of writing)
- Fees for any optional sites, attractions or activities
- Any applicable surcharges as per Terms and Conditions
As part of #TeamStGiles we will provide you with:
- An exclusive St Giles t-shirt
- A bespoke St Giles fundraising pack
- A dedicated member of the St Giles team to assist you with your training and fundraising journey
- A supportive community to engage with before and during the trek
We’d love to have you on board!
To register for the event, use the booking links below. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com and one of our fundraising team will get in touch to support you through the registration process.