Join #TeamStGiles at the Tamworth Gate Gallop
Raise funds as you run by joining #TeamStGiles on Sunday 30th June for the Tamworth Gate Gallop. The event, organised in aid of St Giles Hospice by the Peel Road Runners, is part of the Burton District Summer League.
There’s a run for all the family and you don’t need to be a seasoned runner to take part. Choose from the 10km race, a 4.4km fun run or a shorter kids fun run.
Location: Anker Valley Sports Complex, Amington, Tamworth, B77 3AX.
- £14 entry fee
- An off-road, traffic free race
- Start time 11.15am (race number collection 9am-10.45am)
- Entrants must be aged 15+
- Not suitable for those with disabilities or for dogs
Date: Sunday 30th June
Time: From 9am
Distance: 10km, 4.4km or 600m kids fun run
Registration is now closed
- £8 entry fee
- A 4.4km run
- Start time 10.15am (race number collection 9-9.45am)
- Entrants must be aged 9+ or accompanied by an adult
- £3 entry fee
- 600m run
- Register on the day between 9-9.30am
- Start time 9.45am
- Parents or guardians are welcome to accompany their children
- Massages available from 9am as well as entertainment, stalls and catering
- Fully marked and marshalled routes
- All entrants will be awarded a finisher medal and goodie bag
- Electronic chip timing for 10km and fun run (collect on event day)
- 10km and fun run presentations from 1pm
- Water station available
- Toilets on-site
- Free parking
Registration closes: midday, Tuesday 25th June.
We’re here for you… because you’re here for us
“My gran was my best friend and we all knew that she was nearing the end of her life.
Sarah took up running last year to support the work of St Giles after caring for her Gran and has since taken part in the Great North Run and the Rudolph Run to raise funds.
“Even though she was receiving the very best care it was a very daunting experience. But everybody was so nice to the family – they tried to make it seem as normal as possible to put us at our ease.
“On the day she passed away my family and I walked away from St Giles and, of course, we were very sad – but everybody at St Giles had worked so hard to make everything so lovely for my gran, we were so thankful.
“Ever since I have had such a passion for St Giles because the care they gave us all was so phenomenal.”
Join Sarah by fundraising for St Giles and help us to support local people and their families living with a potentially terminal illness.