Dates: Various dates between March – October 2021
Location: Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Registration fee: £50
Minimum sponsorship: £800
Calling all adrenaline junkies!
We’re giving you the chance to fulfil a bucket list dream alongside the AeroSuperBatics Team with our brand-new Wing Walk event.
Take to the skies for St Giles, where you’ll stand on top of the spectacular Boeing Stearman bi-plane for the flying experience of a lifetime.
Set within a private WW1 airfield in Cirencester, Gloucestershire, simply select a date and join #TeamStGiles for this unforgettable fundraiser.
The experience is available on selected weekdays between March – October 2021, as well as selected Saturdays (10th April 2021, 15th May 2021 and 25th September 2021).
Registration costs £50, with a minimum sponsorship target of £800.
Please note: Rest assured, we are only working with third parties and suppliers who are COVID compliant. A number of procedures are in place to protect the safety and wellbeing of all Wing Walkers and their guests, as well as airfield staff. With over 30 years of experience in this unique business, the AeroSuperBatics Team will be with you every zoom and dive of the way! To find out more, please click here.
- A fantastic fundraising pack
- A branded St Giles T-Shirt for you to wear during your flight
- Full support from a dedicated member of the fundraising team
- A training and safety briefing upon arrival at Cirencester Aerodrome
- Spectators are welcome (in line with the latest Government guidance)
- And of course, a thrilling Wing Walk experience – lasting approximately 8 – 10 minutes!
We’ll be notified once you’ve signed up and a member of the fundraising team will be in touch.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01543 432538.
- Minimum age: 18
- Maximum height: 6ft 1in (185cm)
- Maximum weight: 15 stone (95kg)
- Participants must be able to climb unassisted to the top of the aircraft
- Participants must meet all of the health requirements (not suitable for those with epilepsy, previous head injury, fainting, fits, any disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, weakness or dislocation of any limb, weakness or injury of the neck, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction)
We’re here for you… because you’re here for us
Peter Norman carried out a tandem parachute jump, raising more than £500 for St Giles Hospice, and says he would love to do a Wing Walk.
He said: “I really enjoyed skydiving for St Giles – it was a big adrenaline rush, far better than any rollercoaster ride you can go on and the views are just phenomenal. It’s just a massive buzz.
“I wouldn’t hesitate to go Wing Walking – I’d do it tomorrow. It’s so satisfying to challenge yourself with such a unique experience – especially when you’re doing it in aid of such a great cause.
“I did my jump in memory of my dad, who died at home with lung cancer in 2003 supported by St Giles palliative care nurses. It allowed him to be at home with his family right to the end, which made such a difference to him and we’re grateful that he got that opportunity.”